It’s been a while since we wrote about the issue of processes and projects. These often get muddled up, mainly because we tend to look at the disciplines as being very different. For example would a business analyst call themselves a project manager, or vice versa?
The answer of course depends on the person. Vendors, HR, products all contribute to the confusion making you think that one technology can’t be applied to a different problem. Here are some points to determine where you stand on this issue:
- A project is just a series of processes connected together. True or False?
- Project management software is useful for documenting processes?
- What tool and expert do you use to create a Work Breakdown Structure?
- Do project managers get involved in Process Improvement projects?
- Who is responsible for documenting standard operating procedures in your operation?
Have some fun answering this questions, and I will follow up with my own answers tomorrow.