Harvard Computing Group is pleased to announce the general availability of TaskMap 4.0.5, a minor update to the very successful release of TaskMap 4. We recommend that all current TaskMap 4 users update their copies of TaskMap to take advantage of this interim release.
TaskMap 4.0.5 includes a number of fixes that will improve the operation of TaskMap. As always, our goal is to ensure that TaskMap provides the simplest and most effective way for you to document, analyze and improve your processes.
For a list of the improvements in TaskMap 4.0.5, please visit the TaskMap 4.0.5 page on our website.
If you have questions about any of the issues that were fixed in TaskMap 4.0.5 or about TaskMap in general, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- HCG sales department at sales@TaskMap.com or +1 978-800-4590 option 7
- HCG support department at support@TaskMap.com or +1 978-800-4590 option 8
Installing TaskMap 4.0.5
If you have already upgraded to TaskMap 4 and have a current maintenance plan in place, you will receive a separate email from us containing the download link and instructions for installing TaskMap 4.0.5.
Upgrading to TaskMap 4
If you have not yet upgraded to TaskMap 4, this is an excellent time to do so. In fact, we are offering a 10% discount during the month of December for current TaskMap 2 and 3 users who are ready to move to TaskMap 4. Simply visit our TaskMap 4 Upgrade Page and then enter coupon code DecemberDiscount during checkout.
Upgrade now to take advantage of features like the following:
- Check My TaskMap: validate the correctness of three key aspects of your TaskMap.
- Visio 2010 ribbon: experience the easiest-to-use version of Visio yet and see how smoothly TaskMap takes advantage of the Office ribbon interface.
- Automatic map creation: let TaskMap build your map for you, dropping pre-linked Tasks onto the page in an arrangement you select.
- Automatic map creation from TaskMap Capture for Excel: simply enter Task data into Excel and TaskMap will drop fully populated Tasks onto the page (PRO only).
- Customizable user-defined fields: create date fields, dropdown lists, text and numeric fields with your choice of names and descriptions (PRO only).
- Save as PowerPoint: turn your TaskMap into a full-featured PowerPoint slide show with one click! (PRO only)
- Save as Project: let TaskMap build a Microsoft Project plan from your map (PRO only)
- Create TCE workbooks from existing TaskMaps: build a complete TaskMap Capture for Excel workbook from any existing TaskMap with two clicks (PRO only).
Still not convinced? Watch this one-minute video for more reasons to upgrade.
Other HCG News
- HCG Partner Scott Helmers has been hired by Microsoft to film a series of five-minute training videos about Visio 2010. The videos will be filmed and edited in December and will be released by Microsoft during the first half of 2012.
- Harvard Computing Group recently participated in two Chicago area events:
- An enormously successful Visio Day run by Microsoft in conjunction with the Chicagoland chapter of the International Institute of Business Analysis
- A lunch meeting of the Chicago chapters of the International Legal Technology Association and the Project Management Institute; the luncheon was hosted by TaskMap customer Seyfarth, Shaw LLP
- At both events, HCG gave away copies of TaskMap Professional and Scott Helmers’ book, Visio 2010 Step by Step.
- HCG consultants are currently converting flowcharts and text narratives into TaskMaps for a $350M west coast construction company. Can we create TaskMaps for you? Please contact us at sales@TaskMap.com or +1 978-800-4590 option 7.