Benefits of reflective listening:
- Lets the other reaslize he or she is heard, understood and supported and thereby helps the other stay in touch with others on the project.
- Gives the other feedback on what he or she said and how it came off.
- Lets the listener check the accuracy in hearing what the other has said.
- Helps the other focus on self, ventilate, sort out issues, discharge and express feelings and deal with issues.
- Allows the other to move to deeper levels of expression at his or her own pace.
- Allows the other to think more clearly.
- Helps the other arrive at a solution to her or her own problems.
- Helps the listener clarify what he or she is expected to do.
- Helps the listener deal effectively with the issue, problem and needs of the other.